GN 01725.110: Scope of the U.S.-Dutch Agreement
Effective Dates: 04/02/2014 - Present
- TN 1 (03-99)
- GN 01725.110 Scope of the U.S.-Dutch Agreement
- A. Policy - Benefit programs included
- The provisions of the agreement that permit people to qualify for benefits based on combined U.S. and Dutch coverage credits apply to the following types of benefits:
* U.S. retirement, survivors and disability benefits. The agreement does not apply to Medicare benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Special Age 72 payments.
- * Dutch retirement and survivors benefits under the NIS and disability benefits under the EPIS and SPIS. The agreement does not apply to other Dutch benefit programs, including those mentioned in section GN 01725.110B.
- B. Policy - Taxes included
- The provisions of the agreement that eliminate dual Social Security coverage and taxes apply to:
- * U.S. Social Security taxes (FICA and SECA) including the Medicare portion, and
- * Dutch Social Security taxes that finance retirement, survivors and disability benefits, family allowances, health and sickness insurance benefits, and unemployment benefits under the NIS, EPIS, and SPIS.
- C. Reference
- Agreement provisions for the elimination of dual coverage and taxation, RS 02001.600 - RS 02001.645
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.