GN 03930.140: Exhibit-Model Letter - Fee Petition Filed Prematurely
Effective Dates: 07/30/2004 - Present
- TN 7 (07-04)
- GN 03930.140 Exhibit-Model Letter - Fee Petition Filed Prematurely
- Social Security Administration
- Important Information
Program Service CenterStreet AddressCity, State ZIPDate:Claim/Case Number
Representative's NameStreet AddressCity, State ZIP
- You recently requested approval of a fee for representing (claimant's name). We are returning your fee request because you told us that you have not completed your services for (Mr./Ms. claimant's last name). We cannot address your fee request until your services in this case have ended.
- What You Should Do
After your services in this case have ended, please send us a new fee request. You may use the enclosed Form SSA-1560-U4 (Petition to Obtain Approval of a Fee for Representing a Claimant Before the Social Security Administration). The following sections of the Code of Federal Regulations explain when and how to request a fee:
- * 20 CFR 404.1725(a) for Social Security cases
- * 20 CFR 416.1525(a) for Supplemental Security Income cases
- If You Have Any Questions
- If you have any questions about this letter, please write us at the above address. If you have any questions about other Social Security matters, call us toll free at 1-800-772-1213, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. We can answer most questions over the phone. Our busiest times are the first week of the month and Mondays. So, we may be able to handle your call more quickly if you call us at other times.
- If you wish, you can call your local Social Security office at xxx-xxx-xxxx. You can also write or visit a Social Security office. The office that serves your area is located at:
Street AddressCity, State ZIP
Premature Fee RequestForm SSA-1560-U4
- Page 2 of 2
- If you do call or visit an office, please have this letter with you. It will help us answer your questions. This will help us serve you more quickly.
- Assistant Regional Commissioner,
- Processing Center Operations
- Claimant's Name
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.