SL 90007.001: Transmittal 3 to SL 40001, September 2007
- Effective Dates: 09/06/2007 - Present
- BASIC (09-07)
- SL 90007.001 Transmittal 3 to SL 40001, September 2007
- Part 19 – State and Local Coverage HandbookChapter 400 – Agreements and ModificationsSubchapter 01 – Agreements and Modifications
- AudienceState Social Security AdministratorsRegional Offices—RSI Team LeadersParallel Social Security Field Offices—District ManagersRegional General Counsel Staff
- Originating Component
- Effective Date
- Upon Receipt
- This transmittal provides a better delineation and explanation of the error modification and Section 218(e)(3) processes used in the correction of a political subdivision’s erroneous reporting of Social Security contributions for its employees without a Section 218 coverage modification being in place. It contains no policy changes.
- Summary of Changes
SL 40001.001 SLCH Subchapter 40001 - PDF File
- Contains an inclusive printable document to Subchapter 40001.
- SL 40001.465 Modifications to Correct Errors
- The primary changes have been to expand upon and clarify the Section 218(e)(3) correction process, including a more detailed explanation of the process, its historical background, and appropriate language to be included in a Section 218(e)(3) modification. In addition, an updated and expanded version of the “Error Modification versus Section 218(e)(3) Modification Chart” that appeared in previous paper editions of the State and Local Handbook is being included.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.