GN 00904.025: Servicing Office For Military Addresses
Effective Dates: 05/12/2014 - Present
- TN 12 (07-97)
- GN 00904.025 Servicing Office For Military Addresses
- All military addresses use a U.S. post office address even though they may represent installations in foreign countries.
- For purposes of determining service office jurisdiction there are two types of military addresses:
- A. Addresses without an APO or FPO designation
- These are addresses on the U.S. mainland (excluding Alaska) and the servicing office is determined as with any U.S. address by accessing DOORS (Detailed Office/Organization Resource System)
- B. Addresses with APO or FPO designation
Most APO/FPO addresses are foreign and are the jurisdiction of the Office of International Operations (OIO) (PSC 8).
- Some APO/FPO addresses are under domestic PSC and servicing FO jurisdiction. These addresses are in the Caribbean (Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands), the Pacific (Hawaii, Guam and American Samoa) and Alaska.
A list of APO/FPO zip codes and corresponding locations can be found on the Office of International Operations Home Page via the OIO REFERENCE LIBRARY -- APO and FPO CODES and LOCATIONS. http://ocoweb.ba.ssa.gov/oio/OIOResources/APO-FPO-Zip.asp
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.