GN 00905.004: OIO Claims Authorizer (CA) Jurisdiction
Effective Dates: 06/19/2014 - Present
- TN 7 (03-90)
- GN 00905.004 OIO Claims Authorizer (CA) Jurisdiction
- A. Policy
- CA's are responsible for adjudicating cases in which:
- * At least one beneficiary uses a mailing address, or resides, outside the U.S.; and
- * DOFA cannot be used.
- B. Procedure
- 1. Preadjudicative development
- Request development for claimants living in:
- The Philippines
Foreign Service Post (FSP)
- British Virgin Islands, Canada, the U.S. or Western Samoa
- Field Office (FO) with jurisdiction
Countries serviced by a claims-taking FSP—if the folder and case control system do not show CDB has initiated development Claims-taking FSP
- All other areas
- Exception: Contact the claimant directly if:
- * Only completed forms or answers to simple questions are needed, and
- * The claimant is not in Greece, Hong Kong, Iran, Lebanon, the Philippines or Turkey.
- 2. Postadjudicative development
- Take action, as explained in 1., except:
* Undertake development if CDB has development pending on another issue on a partially adjudicated claim. (CDB will control and followup on its own development.) * Forward the material to CDB if:
- * An entitled child files for student or disabled child benefits;
- * Representative payee development is needed; or
* A claims lead or inquiry is received from an individual in a country for which CDB has jurisdiction.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.