GN 01050.051: Who reviews and services claims
Effective Dates: 02/12/2014 - Present
- TN 1 (06-86)
- GN 01050.051 Who reviews and services claims
- A. General
The responsibility of reviewing claims (other than SSI) and making initial determinations is divided among six program service centers, ODO and the INTPSC. As used in the POMS, the term “PSC” refers to the 6 PSC offices and INTPSC. The term “processing center” refers to the 7 PSC's plus ODO. These offices review, adjudicate, and service all claims as appropriate within their jurisdiction. The State Disability Determination Services (DDS) makes most disability determinations. For a full discussion of jurisdiction and routing procedures in disability cases, see DI 11010.255 ff and DI 11025.000 ff. Instructions for railroad claims are located in RS 01602.000.
- B. Addresses of the processing centers
- These addresses for normal forwarding of claims related material are shown below. There are special addresses for reports of nonreceipt of checks, for SMI premiums and for critical case referral.
- 1. Program service centers
* Department of Health, and Human Services
- Social Security Administration
Northeastern Program Service Center 155-10 Jamaica Avenue Jamaica, New York 11432
Mid-Atlantic Program Service Center 300 Spring Garden Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19123
Social Security Administration Southeastern PSC Birmingham Social Security Center 1200 Rev. Abraham Woods, Jr. Blvd. Birmingham, AL 35285-0001
Great Lakes Program Service Center 600 West Madison Street Chicago, Illinois 60661
Western Program Service Center P.O. Box 2000 Richmond, California 94802
Mid-America Program Service Center Federal Building 601 East 12th Street Kansas City, Missouri 64106 INTPSC address is: * Social Security Administration International Program Service Center P.O. Box 17769 Baltimore, Maryland 21235-7769
- NOTE: Totalization claims are sent to P.O. Box 17049.
2. ODO'S address is:* Social Security Administration 1500 Woodlawn Drive Office of Disability Operations Baltimore, MD 21241-1500
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.