DI 81020.220: Electronic Continuing Disability Review (eCDR) Development
Effective Dates: 08/26/2009 - Present
- BASIC (01-08)
- DI 81020.220 Electronic Continuing Disability Review (eCDR) Development
- A. Requesting eCDR evidence
- * Develop all necessary evidence (e.g., medical evidence of record, work history, beneficiary and/or third party questionnaires), using the Disability Determination Services (DDS) case processing system;
- * Obtain Consultative Examination(s) (CE), if necessary;
- * Develop necessary evidence if the beneficiary/recipient is participating in a vocational rehabilitation program
- * Ensure all folder documents are saved to the Certified Electronic Folder (CEF).
- NOTE: The Field Office (FO) sends any medical evidence received directly from the beneficiary to the DDS for scanning into the CEF.
- B. Evaluating an Age 18 Redetermination
- Use the information on the SSA-3368-BK to request and develop medical evidence and to establish the date of onset. The Medical Improvement Review Standard (MIRS) does not apply; instead, the Age 18 Redetermination uses the disability evaluation process for initial Title XVI adult claims.
- C. eCDR Medical Improvement Not Expected (MINE) Development
In certain limited cases, which have a MINE diary, the DDS may process a continuance based on the CPD evidence in file and contact with the individual. In these cases, scan the pertinent previous medical information from the CPD folder into the CEF. For a list of the specific impairments in this category, see Medical Source Not Available - DI 28040.125B.2.a.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.