GN 01050.080: Jurisdiction Based on Cross- Referrals
Effective Dates: 12/22/1989 - Present
- TN 1 (06-86)
- GN 01050.080 Jurisdiction Based on Cross- Referrals
- The folders relating to different SSN's are cross-referred in certain situations to ensure prompt and accurate handling of those records where entitlement or payment can be affected by events on either claim.
- The cross-referred folders will be stapled together in the following situations, though both records may not normally be serviced by the same program service center (“out-of-area SSN”):
* Where benefits are payable on more than one earnings record, of which one is a survivor's benefit and the other is benefits paid to a wage earner on his behalf; (e.g.,female A and D benefits). This includes cases where Special Age 72 Claimant (J or K) is subject to termination (due to total offset) as a result of simultaneous entitlement to RSI benefits.
- * Where children are awarded benefits based on combined earnings records of two wage earnings.
- * Where a spouse (B or B1) is also entitled to widow's (widower's) benefits, the D4 or D5 folder will be attached to the folder under which the B or B1 benefits are being paid.
- In all cases where an “out-of-area” claims folder is stapled to the back of another folder, a cross-reference record must be established in the case control system. Establishment of this record and the actual stapling of the folders is done by the records analysis clerk.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.