GN 01737.110: Scope of Greek Agreement
Effective Dates: 11/22/2017 - Present
- BASIC (07-94)
- GN 01737.110 Scope of Greek Agreement
- A. Policy -Benefit programs included
The provisions of the agreement that permit people to qualify for benefits based on combined U.S. and Greek coverage credits apply only to retirement, survivors, and disability benefits under each country's system. The agreement does not apply to U.S. Medicare benefits Supplemental Security Income payments.
- B. Policy -Taxes included
- The provisions of the agreement that eliminate dual Social Security coverage and taxes apply to:
- * U.S. Social Security taxes (FICA and SECA) including the Medicare portion.
- * Greek Social Security taxes that finance retirement, survivors, and disability benefits, medical care, sickness and maternity benefits, unemployment benefits, worker's compensation, family allowances, worker's housing assistance fund and labor home fund.
- C. Reference
- Agreement provisions for the elimination of dual coverage and taxation, RS 02001.850 - RS 02001.898.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.